Effective Sunday evening March 22, 2020, Governor Andrew Cuomo has ordered that New York State non-essential businesses and commercial establishments closed down and all non-essential employees working from home. At our law office, we are going to strictly comply with Governor Cuomo’s directive. BUT WE WILL BE WORKING. I want you to know that you can contact us through our website, or at 518-483-1440, our office number which will remain open and staffed, (at home), from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
We want our clients no know that the Governor noted today, March 20, 2020, that this is a legal order and will be enforced. Businesses not in compliance are subject to civil fines and mandatory closure.
New York State Empire State Development has comprehensive information regarding which businesses are deemed to be essential here.
Businesses that are not considered to be essential but believe they should be exempt from the reduction of in-person workforce can request designation as an essential business here.
The Governor also ordered a 90-day halt for all evictions of residential and commercial tenants.
In addition, the Governor has ordered that notarial acts required under state law are authorized to be performed via video technology. Stipulations include the following:
- If not known to the notary, the person seeking notary services must present a valid photo ID during the video conference.
- The video conference must allow for direct interaction.
- Pre-recorded videos of signatures are not permitted.
- People seeking notary services must affirmatively represent they are physically situated in the State of New York.
- The person seeking notary services must transmit by electronic means a legible copy of the signed document, which the notary may notarize and transmit back to the person.
- The notary may repeat the notarization of the original signed document as of the date of execution within thirty days.
We will do our utmost to continue to provide you with the best legal advice possible. We will conduct any appointments or meetings with you via phone, Skype, FaceTime and any other way that works.
Again, Poissant, Nichols, Grue Vanier and Babbie, P.C., is still open — but like most of you, in a different way. Effective Sunday evening, Governor Andrew Cuomo has ordered that New York State non-essential businesses and commercial establishments are to be closed down and all non-essential employees working from home. Our law office will be in full compliance with the Governor’s directive. Even though the entire staff will be working at our respective homes we are open and working for our clients. You may reach us at 518 483 1440, our regular office number. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Although the Court Systems remain open, at this point in time, they are only handling “essential matters”. However, our offices are handling ALL matters and we urge you to contact us with any legal need, question or concern. Given the restrictions in place our staff is doing everything in our power to protect you in the matter you have entrusted to us. Please keep safe.